The Ghost Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010]

Go down 
+3
eizel
♥xoxogui
lo_ovelyxiaogui
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lo_ovelyxiaogui
Ghost Squad Rookie
Ghost Squad Rookie
lo_ovelyxiaogui

Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010] Empty
PostSubject: Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010]   Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010] EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 2:01 am

Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010] Xiao_g10

Translation credit: lo_ovelyxiaogui @ https://xiaoguifanz.forumotion.com
Date: June 25, 2010 (It was edited on June 30th)
Source: NetEase (2010.163.com)

After a 7-year wait, Xiao Gui (Huang Hong Sheng) was finally able to fulfill his dream as a singer by releasing his first solo album, entitled ‘Love_Hero’. In these seven years, Huang Hong Sheng has improved himself through hosting, acting, drawing, operating his own store. These activities have allowed him to no longer be known as merely “Xiao Gui, a former member of Cosmo.” Today we noticed that Huang Hong Sheng didn’t slack off one bit. His new album ‘Love_Hero’ has turned the tide in his favor, letting Huang Hong Sheng make himself into a hero. It also gives us a glimpse of a rare Taiwanese artist who is improving and developing in many new ways.

Towards the outside world that compares him to Xiao Zhu (Show Lo), Huang Hong Sheng says frankly he does not intentionally imitate Show Lo. He also hopes that, regarding public service to the community, artists will take the lead, and not fall behind. He still wishes to participate in the Guangzhou Asian Games, alongside athletes who can stick to their dreams without giving up.

New Album is Turning the Tide in Huang Hong Sheng’s Favor

After 7 years, Huang Hong Sheng finally releases his solo album, entitled Love_Hero. What’s even more heartening is that he didn’t hesitate to go all out for his album, enlisting the help of popular rock n’ roll singers like Wu Bai, Mayday’s Monster and Ah Shin, Zhang Zhen Yue, Ah Di Zai, and Fun 4. Huang Hong Sheng expresses that although he had many idols to help compose his songs this time, he doesn’t dare to relax one bit: “I hope that in by giving myself more pressure, I can do my best”

Regarding his new album’s name, Huang Hong Sheng gave this definition of what a hero should be: “Normally a hero would need to have a few elements that embody the importance of a hero. The most important element of a hero would be the ability to turn a negative situation around. What does it mean to turn a negative situation around? It would just be taking hold of all the bad and turning it into something good, that’s what a hero is.” Yes, through his hard efforts all these years, he has eventually made himself into a hero. On the music front, he hopes that people will call him ‘Huang Hong Sheng’. As for the name ‘Xiao Gui’, it is reserved for times when he’s hosting or drawing.

I Didn’t Deliberately Imitate Show Lo

Because his master is Show Lo, Huang Hong Sheng and Show Lo are co-hosts of the popular Taiwan variety show 100% Entertainment (Yu Le Bai Fen Bai). Although the outside world thinks that he imitates Show Lo's pattern of speech, Huang Hong Sheng replied that he does not intentionally imitate Show Lo. “My Master Lo is very important to me as a teacher. He’s given me advice about this entertainment circle. He’s also instructed me with some of the finer techniques of hosting. So everyone, if I could compare to him, I wouldn’t be at all upset. Instead I would be very happy, because he is my goal and someone I greatly respect.”

Also interested in graphic creation, Huang Hong Sheng said he will continue to go on a ghost theme, creating a 3rd book called 'Chi Liu Gui' (Red Ghost Class). Through this, he hopes to win over the young masses, be successful both in his life and career, and to forge a good path of his own.

Artists Shouldn’t Forget About Public Welfare

When speaking about a 2009 public awareness film on depression that he starred in (Black Tide), Xiao Gui recalled that it was a meaningful film, and that he did a lot of homework. He visited many depressed patients, admitting to once having had a girlfriend who suffered from a bout of depression. In calling for more care for people with depression, Xiao Gui frankly stated: “I think that in community service work, as entertainers, we should not fall behind.” He wishes to do more meaningful things, adding to their meager strength to help people in need.

Likes to Play Cool Sports, Hopes That Athletes Don’t Lightly Abandon [Dreams]

Ever since he was small, Huang Hong Sheng has always liked sports. His dad even once wanted him to build his talents as a golfer. However Xiao Gui declined because he liked to play cooler sports, like basketball or Tae-kwan-do. He jokes that playing golf isn’t one bit handsome.

This being Huang Hong Sheng’s first time visiting Guangzhou, emphatic food-lover Xiao Gui didn’t spare the chance to taste Guangzhou’s delicacies that impressed him the most. As the date of Guangzhou’s Asian Games grows increasingly closer, the constantly pursuant Huang Hong Sheng wants the athletes to not lightly give up. “Stick to your dreams, don’t give up on those dreams. Bearing it all, you can achieve your best performance.”

Spoiler:

Last edited by lo_ovelyxiaogui on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:00 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : typo...and some other stuff)
Back to top Go down
♥xoxogui
Ghost Squad Commander
Ghost Squad Commander
♥xoxogui

PostSubject: Re: Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010]   Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010] EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 10:55 am

thank you for posting this news! Smile

i think he's been linked to Show countless of times. some say he's imitating Show, some says his popularity all has credits to Show etc. somehow, its unfair. he works hard himself too and wasn't spoon-fed all the time.

well, his success is being recognised, slowly but surely.

JIA YOU WO MEN DE AI YING XIONG!
Back to top Go down
eizel
Ghost Squad Trainee
Ghost Squad Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010]   Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010] EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 8:31 pm

yeah I hope someday he'll be known as Huang Hong Sheng and not as Show Lo's shadow or Rainie Yang's exboyfriend...

He is slowly getting there... but he will definitely get to where he wants to be!! He has what it takes!!

with all the attention he is getting nowI hope he doesn't change his down to earth personality cuz that's what caught my attention in the first place.

Back to top Go down
kriztetalovesxiaogui
Ghost Squad Initiate Member
kriztetalovesxiaogui

PostSubject: Re: Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010]   Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010] EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 8:34 pm

wow thanks for this article lo_ovelyxiaogui!

i love his description of a hero. he sure is my love hero.lol anyway, i agree with xoxogui. i think its also unfair for XG's part if he is always linked to SHOW LO (tho i love em both)... XIAO GUI was doing his own part to be recognnized and be able to show his talents... he has improved alot with his hosting skills as well as his singing. yeah he might got some help from Show and his other artists friends, but it's his hardwork we are seeing. XIAO GUI jia you. i am so proud of you... i can't wait for the day to come until everyone recognizes him not only as XIAO GUI the host of bfb and friend of SHOW, but as HUANG HONG SHENG the singer who won awards because of his hardworking attitude & not giving up since it took him years again before he can release his first ep Very Happy

...oh i didnt know he was supposed to be a golfer..lol his dad should have encouraged him to play golf. i think he'll be the cutest golfer..nyahaha Embarassed
Back to top Go down
eizel
Ghost Squad Trainee
Ghost Squad Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010]   Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010] EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:40 pm

Quote :
...oh i didnt know he was supposed to be a golfer..lol his dad should have encouraged him to play golf. i think he'll be the cutest golfer..nyahaha

he plays golf too?? what?! how did you know?? I mean WOW! I did not know that!! you're right he'd be the cutest golfer but then if he did became a golf player we wouldn't be able to see him host or hear him sing...
Back to top Go down
kriztetalovesxiaogui
kriztetalovesxiaogui

PostSubject: Re: Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010]   Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010] EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 5:34 am

^^ i just read it here... how i wish he really plays golf. i find men playing golf very charming (except tiger woods.LOL) Embarassed

lo_ovelyxiaogui wrote:
Likes to Play Cool Sports, Hopes That Athletes Don’t Lightly Abandon [Dreams]
Ever since he was small, Huang Hong Sheng has always liked sports. His dad even once wanted him to build his talents as a golfer. However Xiao Gui declined because he liked to play cooler sports, like basketball or Tae-kwan-do. He jokes that playing golf isn’t one bit handsome.
Back to top Go down
guinicxx
Ghost Squad Trainee
Ghost Squad Trainee
guinicxx

PostSubject: Re: Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010]   Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010] EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:47 am

I admitted that im addicted to show luo but as for me xiao gui was working hard all-along and he doesn't imitate xiao zhu cause i know that xiao gui & xiao zhu are really,really friends nor his imitator and everyone knows that right?

DON'T DOWN XIAO GUI FOR THAT STUPID NEWS!
Back to top Go down
gui_lover
Ghost Squad Trainee
Ghost Squad Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010]   Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010] EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 2:09 am

i'm also a huge fan of xiao zhu....but as xiao gui said he has a huge respect for xiao zhu...
but i think God created us differently...
i'm also doing this for the both of them i'm a huge fan of them and YLBFB..
Back to top Go down
bendansia
Ghost Squad Trainee
Ghost Squad Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010]   Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010] EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:15 am

Well, i don't know why they would said xiao gui imitate show.
But i just think both of them are just different individual with different personalities all together.
Maybe both of them have many in commons like how show lo appreciate his fans, i can see that in xiao gui as well. Show Lo hardworking, I can see that in xiao gui as well. Althought both of them work together as the host, there are some actions or words that are similar but still both of them are two different artist.

Let say for the music,

Show 's music is different from alien huang. His song is more of R&B, where as huang hong sheng song is rock & roll. Even the way they dress up are so so different! Both have their different own styles =)

Well, it's just what i think. =S
Back to top Go down
gui_lover
Ghost Squad Trainee
Ghost Squad Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010]   Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010] EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:47 am

wow bendansia!!you're here!!
yeah maybe there are some similarity, but they aren't completely the same...
they're different....
Back to top Go down
lo_ovelyxiaogui
Ghost Squad Rookie
Ghost Squad Rookie
lo_ovelyxiaogui

PostSubject: Re: Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010]   Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010] EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:12 pm

I completely agree with you guys...why should they have to be compared?
Sure there's similarities, 'cause friends have things in common Smile

For example, I like chocolate and vanilla ice cream...they're different flavors, but they're both ice cream, right?

What matters is that Xiao Gui and Xiao Zhu both sound good at what they do, and the people who recognize that will support them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010]   Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010] Empty

Back to top Go down

Xiao Gui: "I Don't Deliberately Imitate Show Lo" [June 25, 2010]
Page 1 of 1